Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why I love Italia

Today, my Italian class went on a field study instead of having normal class. Yesterday we watched some documentary in class and today, Gitti (la professora) took us to see the places that were in the film. We did some fruit, bread and cheese testing at a local organic spot and some other things but the best part was when she took us to the SEX SHOP!

yes, like it was nothing. no biggie at all. First, she pointed it out to us while we were walking and then said "Let's go in." We all gave each other awkward stares and proceeded to follow her lead. I also learned the word for handcuffs yesterday during the movie- macette- so when we were in the store I saw handcuffs and a whip and asked Gitti if she owns any of these. She said yes, but for her students and I followed with, "yeah right, Gitti you know it's for your marito" (husband). She laughed, made a little facial expression and said "Si." The fact I can have sex conversations with my 51-year-old Italian professor is like a gift from God because I'm passionate about the subject. Then Gitti made us ask the owner of the shop questions in Italian. Everyone was so embarrassed... except for me, of course. Yesterday in class we also learned how to say 'to fuck'- scompare. I swear teachers in America get fired for this kind of stuff.

We went to a music school after and in the street Gitti got hit by a car so she flagged down the driver who rolled down her window and Gitti gave the lady a little piece of her mind. Hilarious. We all kind of just stood there like "is this really happening?" and then Gitti walks back to us with the infamous Italian expression "che pazza!" which means "what a crazy ass lady" - something along those lines. Then these male music students approached our group, asked us what we were doing tonight and Gitti tried to get us to give them our numbers.

This is everything that's wrong yet so RIGHT with this country. I think I must have been Italian in a past life.

No comments:

Post a Comment